Contact: Emily Britton
Public Relations Specialist
Phone: 800.724.9282 x3397
Email: [email protected]
SODUS, N.Y., November 24, 2023—This holiday season, Reliant Credit Union is spreading cheer by helping organizations throughout our community. Each branch is supporting a local nonprofit by collecting goods and gifts, making monetary and item donations, and/or volunteering their time.
“During the season of giving, we’re reminded of the profound strength found in our communities. At Reliant, our ‘people helping people’ philosophy is the foundation of our values,” said Reliant Credit Union’s President & CEO, Pamela Heald. “Each act of kindness, no matter how small, contributes to a brighter and kinder community. We encourage anyone who is able to join us in making a difference this holiday season.”
Check out the list below to learn where Reliant’s branches are offering support. The credit union welcomes all to stop by a branch and join in the holiday spirit!
- Brockport branch—Reliant is filling a shopping cart with groceries to donate to the Brockport Food Pantry. Stop by until 12/30 to donate additional food items!
- Canandaigua branch—Reliant is sponsoring a family through The Spot this holiday season.
- Farmington branch—The Farmington branch collected groceries to donate to the Victor-Farmington Food Cupboard for Thanksgiving. The Farmington branch team will also be serving dinner at The First Presbyterian Church on 12/9.
- Geneva branch—Reliant is collecting groceries to donate to the Geneva Food Pantry. Stop by until 12/30 to donate additional food items!
- Henrietta branch—Reliant is filling a shopping cart with groceries to donate to the Rush–Henrietta Area Food Terminal. Stop by until 12/30 to donate additional food items!
- Irondequoit branch—The Irondequoit branch is hosting a food drive for the Irondequoit Community Cupboard. Drop off donations by 12/15.
- Macedon branch—The Macedon branch collected groceries for the Macedon Food Pantry.
- Newark branch—The Newark branch is collecting new or clean and gently used coats, gloves, hats, and scarves for adults and children for Blessings in a Backpack. Drop off donations by 12/4. We’re also helping the Survivors Advocacy Center by collecting gifts. You can pick up a tag from our Angel Tree and drop off your gift for a child by 12/13.
- Sodus branch—Reliant’s team is providing gifts to the children in the community for the holidays through the Sodus Community Christmas Sharing Program.
- Webster branch—The Webster branch is collecting non-perishable food items and personal hygiene items for Webster HOPE starting 12/4 through 12/30. Drop off your donations during that time period.
Reliant Credit Union, which began locally in 1970, is a $650 million credit union serving more than 45,000 members. Eligibility is available to all who live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in Monroe, Ontario, and Wayne counties. Reliant currently has branches in Brockport, Canandaigua, Farmington, Geneva, Henrietta, Irondequoit, Macedon, Newark, Sodus, and Webster. A full-service financial institution, Reliant offers a complete range of financial products and services, including mortgages. For information regarding membership or employment, contact the credit union at 800-724-9282 or visit reliantcu.com.
# # #