Need money for college?
Take advantage of another perk of Reliant membership: apply for a credit union scholarship!
Reliant Community Credit Union created the Donald K. Rhine Scholarship program in 1998 to honor the legacy of Reliant’s founder and original CEO, Donald K. Rhine. Through this program, Reliant awards several $500 to $1,500 college scholarships each year to Reliant members who demonstrate the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.” Since the program’s inception, Reliant has awarded over $147,000 in scholarships to deserving students.
To be considered for Reliant’s Donald K. Rhine scholarship, you must:
- Be a Reliant member. (If you're not yet a Reliant member, visit our Membership page to learn the benefits of banking with Reliant!)
- Be a high school senior, a currently enrolled full-time college/university student, or an adult enrolling or enrolled as a full-time college/university student.
- Demonstrate the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.”
- Play an active role in your community through community service.
- Demonstrate high achievement in your academic performance and activities.
- Provide the above, as well as additional information through essay questions and references.
For questions regarding the Donald K. Rhine Scholarship program, please call our Member Service Center at 800-724-9282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for completing your application successfully
Be aware of the eligibility requirements
Requirements are listed in full above. If you have any questions about how or whether you qualify, please call our Member Service Center at 800-724-9282 or email email@example.com.
Make sure you have all the necessary elements for your application before submitting it. Those elements include:
- Two letters of reference
- Most recent official transcript
- Typed essay response
- Application completed in full