Need money for college?
Take advantage of another perk of Reliant membership: apply for any of two scholarships available to Reliant members.
Reliant Community Credit Union created the Donald K. Rhine Scholarship program in 1998 to honor the legacy of Reliant’s founder and original CEO, Donald K. Rhine. Through this program, Reliant awards several $500 to $1,500 college scholarships each year to Reliant members who demonstrate the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.” Since the program’s inception, Reliant has awarded over $147,000 in scholarships to deserving students.
To be considered for Reliant’s Donald K. Rhine scholarship, you must:
- Be a Reliant member. (If you're not yet a Reliant member, visit our Membership page to learn the benefits of banking with Reliant!)
- Be a high school senior, a currently enrolled full-time college/university student, or an adult enrolling or enrolled as a full-time college/university student.
- Demonstrate the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.”
- Play an active role in your community through community service.
- Demonstrate high achievement in your academic performance and activities.
- Provide the above, as well as additional information through essay questions and references.
For questions regarding the Donald K. Rhine Scholarship program, please call our Member Service Center at 800-724-9282 or email email@example.com.
NYCUA Rochester Chapter Scholarship
The Rochester Chapter of the New York Credit Union Association will award up to $10,000 in scholarship funds to outstanding high school seniors.
Each applicant must have an account (titled in his/her name) and be a member in good standing of a participating credit union, such as Reliant. All applicants must be high school seniors for the 2016/2017 school year, with plans to attend an accredited college or university for the 2017/2018 school year.
The application format for this scholarship is only available online, and must also be submitted online. To access the application, click here.
Please note: you will be required to establish a profile, with a username and password, in order to complete the application.
Application deadline is January 30, 2017. Scholarship winners will be notified by March 11, 2017.
For more information about this scholarship, contact Reliant at 800-724-9282 or click here for a list of FAQs.